WINNING AT SALES
INTRODUCTIONS 10 minutes
• What is your "closing rate?"
DEFINE YOUR SALES ATTITUDE 10 minutes
• How do you improve your attitude
- Must have a mind set that you can "close" 100% of the business
that is appropriate
THE BUYING/SELLING PROCESS 10 minutes
• Gaining Favorable Attention
• Discovering Wants & Needs
• Presenting Benefits & Consequences
• Getting Commitment
• Follow Up
RULES FOR MASTERING THE BUYING/SELLING PROCESS 5 minutes
• Must allow the prospect to permit you to go to the next level
• May take several meetings
• Confirm facts from previous meetings
• Use tie backs
INTRODUCTION/GAINING FAVORABLE ATTENTION 25 minutes
• Define a good introduction
• What do you want to achieve here?
- Move to the next step!
• Where can this step take place?
- Cold Call
- Networking Event
- Social Event
• Framing Statement
- Could be a value statement or elevator pitch
- Create a statement of benefits
- Make them want to know more
- Not making a sale here
- Work on a framing statement (at this point, compare to their original introduction
– who spoke of creating value vs. describing what they sold)
DISCOVERING WANTS & NEEDS 20 minutes
• This is the most important step – but few do it well!
• Refer to "Spin Selling" by Neil Rackham
• Must ask open-ended questions
• Clear all obstacles
• What is the decision maker trying to achieve?
• What do you need to determine?
- Sales process
- Competitive situation
- Current status
- Who are the decision makers?
- What are the issues?
- Why your product or service?
- Active needs
• Focus on rewards and benefits
- Latent needs
• Focus on consequences and costs
- Do a role play
PRESENTING BENEFITS & CONSEQUENCES 5 minutes
• Always tie back to the prospect's wants and needs
• Focus on them – not you
• Do proposals as a last resort
GETTING COMMITMENT 5 minutes
• Look for commitment at each step in the process
• Take the role of the assistant buyer
• The commitment stage is not an event – but a process
• You should be receiving a commitment at each level
• Look for the non-verbals in gaining commitment
FOLLOW UP/EXECUTION 10 minutes
• Make sure the sale doesn't end with the presentation
• Understand your role in the execution
• Maintain a relationship with the decision maker
• Develop deep relations within the organization
• Measure your activities daily
- Example: 4 point system
• Make sure the activities lead you to the right prospects for your business
CRITIQUE, QUESTIONS, AND THANK YOU'S 10 minutes
TOTAL PRESENTATION TIME 110 minutes
(1 hour 50 minutes)